Friday, January 7, 2011

Dining Out in Wake Forest, NC

Where can you find one restaurant with both Collards and Spiedies on the menu? Or how about Shrimp and Grits plus Bangers and Mash? I'm not sure how they pull it off but it all comes together wonderfully at Wakefied Tavern. Although it took a long time they are finally open. They redecorated the space beautifully. I ate there for the first time last night and really enjoyed it.


They have a good beer selection and I was especially pleased to see Big Boss Brewing Company well represented among the taps. The menu is like none other I've ever seen, and I mean that in a good way. The variety of dishes goes from southern to northern then all the way across the pond. Seriously, Grit Cakes and Irish Bacon coming from the same kitchen is something I hadn't experienced before. I am definitely up for experiencing Wakefield Tavern again.

No comments:

Post a Comment