Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ranking for Ed Tennant

I read a great blog post that motivated me to work on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Neil Patel's post, The Secret to Learning SEO, reviews Free SEO Report and explains the result very well. I tried it myself and the report is impressive. In my case it was also disappointing. I am Ed Tennant but this web site did not rank well for my name as a keyword. In fact www.webitty.com was not even on the first page of Google results for Ed Tennant. My LinkedIn profile and my Twitter profile both ranked near the top but my blog was nowhere to be seen. Truth be told my other blog, All the Way to the Beginning, was at the bottom of the first page of search results but I'd like this site to be at the top.

The # 1 Ed Tennant

My goal is to be at or near the top of Google search results for my name. I hope that doesn't sound too conceited. My ego isn't the driving factor. This is a way to learn how to rank well in search results for a keyword. My name is one keyword with very little competition.

Moving On Up

The short term results are encouraging. I have seen www.webitty.com on the first page of search results already. Since my name isn't a very popular keyword I picked a good example. Once I learn more about this subject I'll revisit the topic and report my overall results.

No comments:

Post a Comment